Friday, August 22, 2008
This image was originally inspired by a post on zbrushcentral.com in which someone was modeling a frog. I started with a very simple base mesh in 3d studio max that was exported to zbrush for sculpting and painting. I brought the toad back to max for some renders and decided to make a simple scene. I added a ground plane with a simple rock texture and bump map. I wasn't happy with the look of the ground plane so I took it into zbrush where I used various altered versions of the bump map to mask and model the ground plane. I then exported a higher poly version back to max along with displacement and normal maps. Next I decided to add water to the scene. I used V-ray for rendering.